Re: [External] : Re: Default custom file was: Re: Propose to add setup-w

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: Default custom file was: Re: Propose to add setup-wizard.el to ELPA
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2022 10:26:15 +0100

    >> Most people were certainly happy for at least the past decade.

    LdBeth> I think saving custom set variables to init file somehow prevents
    LdBeth> using byte compiled init.el file effectively (unless the user hooks
    LdBeth> auto compile whenever it is changed by emacs). From that
perspective,
    LdBeth> I'm happy to see that this behavior is to be changed.

This is one of the two things that people do with Emacs that I just
donʼt understand. My init file contains setq and custom-set-variables
and key bindings. Any actual code that would benefit from
byte-compilation is stored in separate files. So why do people
byte-compile their init files?

Robert