Re: emojis and other multi-character glyphs

From: Anand Tamariya
Subject: Re: emojis and other multi-character glyphs
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 10:24:05 +0530

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> That's nothing but a terminology mishap.
It's got to be more than this.

The Family: Man, Woman, Girl, Boy emoji is a ZWJ sequence combining 👨
Man, ‍ Zero Width Joiner, 👩 Woman, ‍ Zero Width Joiner, 👧 Girl, ‍ Zero
Width Joiner and 👦 Boy. These display as a single emoji on supported
platforms.

Simply copying the sequence in firefox address bar shows me single emoji (I've
NotoColorEmoji Font). This leads me to conclude it's not a font feature
- but a renderer feature.