Re: Please stop this

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Please stop this
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 13:30:30 +0800

> That will not happen, as I'm sure you must understand.  It would be
> completely counter-productive, and only serve to harm and obstruct
> important ongoing work.
>
> Moreover, I don't understand how Emacs would ever be successful if the
> reply to volunteers coming here hoping to help should be "we discussed
> this N months ago, go away".  Luckily, our policy is not that, but to
> encourage and help them contribute in the most useful way.

AFAICS, discussions about this topic tend to turn into a big runaway
flamefest, usually starting from simple questions such as "what's
missing".  This happens every single time someone posts something like
this and the amount of information gets repeated is frightening, so I
hope these discussions will crop up less often than every two or so
months.  Not that I'm opposed to healthy discussion, but the usual
result of this topic is not that.

Just my two cents though, so feel free to disregard that.

> Yes, something very significant has changed.  Two people have now agreed
> to start working on this.

Good to hear.

> If you don't want to see this topic may I recommend using an email
> client that allows you to filter threads you are not interested in?

I already have such topics split to a separate group in Gnus, but
unfortunately the subject line regexp didn't match on "SourceHut", like
last time when it only matched on "migrate" and not "migration".

Thanks.