Re: Motif support

From: xenodasein
Subject: Re: Motif support
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 17:15:26 +0100 (CET)

(Not sure if this is the thread to bring this up in.)

Why does Emacs use so many GUI libraries? What is their advantage over
simply creating our own window and drawing our own scroll/menu bar?
Especially considering GUI libraries like GTK are the poster-children of
code-horror? (Which I guess is expected since GNOME people like to spend
their time on this Earth with deeds like slandering RMS. :) )