Re: Development Speed

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Development Speed
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 19:37:57 +0800

xenodasein--- via "Emacs development discussions." <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
writes:

> I also wonder why, and this subject might need it's own thread.  My first
> guess is that their code is more approachable, whatever all that entails.

I was asking for evidence that Neovim has more contributions than Emacs,
and that it will last.

> I plan to ask about this topic again when I am more knowledgeable, if that
> is okay. Thanks for your insight.

Thanks.  A word of advice is to not trust every article posted on an
internet blog or social media about the internals of Emacs.  I find much
of that content to be plain misinformation.

> Why not, assuming it is at some point considered to be beneficial by
> maintainers?

Right now it's not, I think.  Even C11 would require dropping many
platforms that are currently supported, not to mention C17.