Re: Development Speed

From: xenodasein
Subject: Re: Development Speed
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 16:49:41 +0100 (CET)

Quoting: list-was-down?
From: Po Lu
Date: -

> I looked at neovim, and in fact, I tried to use it for around a year and
> half, and my typical response to these questions is "let's wait for
> neovim to grow as old as Emacs, and see what happens to it".

> Neovim is IMO still very immature: for example, it still doesn't have
> the ability to open multiple frames or display images and multiple fonts
> in single window, which is a limitation shared with Vim, a relatively
> unsophisticated editor.

I completely agree, what I refer to is modularity of it's GUI, on that front
it is better, on anything else it is as you said.

> Most of what you read in a modern software engineering book doesn't
> apply to Emacs. Not to mention that those books tend to be discredited
> as often as psychology books, which is a rather ominous sign.

I mean, there has to be something more to all that research other than just
"Yo, it's like, psychology, man."

> Nobody running a modern GNU/Linux system will realistically suffer the
> deficiencies of such a platform. Care to list some?

Anything that will have been caused by not using latest the C?  Could mean
more bugs, less features...  M-x butterfly