Re: sqlite3 usage for multisession variable storage

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: sqlite3 usage for multisession variable storage
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 14:18:58 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> It's the "restore from backup" thing that's not acceptable, which makes
>> MEMORY unworkable here, I think.
>
> Maybe this aspect should be left to the application level (with some
> reasonable default in place)?  It sounds like it's a judgment call
> that can only be resolved with a specific application in mind.

Yup.  But this was with the multisession storage in mind -- if lots of
different Emacs things are saving application state to the same .sqlite
file, then we want to ensure pretty good reliability for that file.

Other packages using SQLite should make the decision themselves (by
issuing the pragmas they prefer to have for those .sqlite databases).