Re: sqlite3

From: Qiantan Hong
Subject: Re: sqlite3
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 15:32:41 +0000

> But it turns out that sqlite3 is actually slower for this particular use
> case than just writing the data to a file (i.e., using the file system
> as the database; one file per value).  So multisession.el now offers two
> backends (`files' and `sqlite'), and defaults to `files'.
It seems that you’re doing very similar thing to my store.el.
(Which can be found at
https://code.librehq.com/qhong/store.el/-/blob/master/store.el )
I still think the interface of store.el is better in terms of
- it let user choose which store to use
- it provides interface of list operations, which can
  be very useful for Lisp, and can be provided more
  efficient implementation
It also comes with another backend right away.

Can you reconsider merging the work of multisession.el and
store.el, using multisession.el as a backend? It’s a slight
modification to multisession.el, and I don’t really see any downside.