Re: Default behavior of C-l causes flickering on TTY frames

From: Daniel Martín
Subject: Re: Default behavior of C-l causes flickering on TTY frames
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 15:51:41 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> But why don't you customize that variable if you dislike the redraws
> and OTOH don't have the problem with garbled displays?

Yes, I know.  I suppose there's a lot of variability in the
implementation quality of terminals, so this default cannot be changed.

I don't use terminal Emacs a lot, but I always thought the
flickering was a bug or a poor implementation somewhere, because I
didn't experience the same flickering effect in other terminal-based
text editors.