Re: Possible XInput2 cursor bug ?

From: Madhu
Subject: Re: Possible XInput2 cursor bug ?
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 20:15:03 +0530 (IST)

*  Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> <87wnkaz7gc.fsf@yahoo.com>
Wrote on Sun, 12 Dec 2021 14:02:43 +0800

> Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:
>
>> Madhu <enometh@meer.net> writes:
>>
>>> Hello, finally got back to this. To recap: the problem is consistently
>>> reproducible only with my own window manager. The window manager does
>>> "focus follows mouse", and (list focus-follows-mouse
>>> mouse-autoselect-window) => (nil nil)
[sorry I forgot to mention I tried both settings]

>> You have to tell Emacs how your window manager behaves in this regard by
>> setting `focus-follows-mouse' appropriately.  In this case, it should be
>> set to `t'.  Please try setting it to that and see if the problem
>> persists.
>
> I reproduced your issue on twm.  It should be fixed now, please try
> latest master.

I couldn't reproduce this on twm myself, but I didn't try the default
config for twm.

The commit 4f987e189d "Fix last change.* src/xterm.c
(x_detect_focus_change): Test against FOCUS_EXPLICIT." works, in that
the focus is kept in the window.

The next commit 11b2dfca287d "* src/xterm.c (x_detect_focus_change): Fix XI2
focus on GTK builds." reverses the condition in the test! this does not work.

I haven't grokked xinput2 at all, so I'm just reporting what I'm seeing:)