Re: New package: resist!

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: New package: resist!
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 13:59:18 -0500

> The package is now hosted at https://code.librehq.com/qhong/resist/
>
> I think it will be useful to have this package either on GNU Elpa
> or Emacs core, or maybe both (for forward compatibility).
> Shall we push forward?

Do you have write access so you can add it yourself?
If not, let me know.

I just looked at the code and I think it should be cleaner w.r.t its use
of namespace: the file is `resist!.el` and it defines macros and
functions using the `kv-` prefix as well as the `persistent-` prefix; we
should unify those 3 names.

[ Also the advice functions should have a name that starts with the
  package's namespace prefix.  ]

> There’s some remaining technical question:
> - What’s the right group to put the customizations?
> - currently I ask user to invoke kv-compact-demon-start
>   and persistent-variable-demon-start explicitly to
>   start/restart the services.
>   Are there better way?
>   Not sure if those makes sense as minor modes.

Why not start them lazily when the data is changed (e.g. within
`kv--ensure-transaction`)?

        Stefan