Re: Emacs pretest 28.0.90 is out

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs pretest 28.0.90 is out
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2021 14:43:05 +0200

> Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2021 14:16:16 +0200
> From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> > After implementing the missing functions, the linker complained about
> > duplicate copies of mktime, one in libc.a, and the other in gnulib's
> > mktime module
>
> If we have mktime from Gnulib, then why does linker pull mktime from
> libc.a as well?  It's supposed to be satisfied by the first function
> by that name that it sees in any library it links in.

I think I know the answer: it's because we use localtime, which DJGPP
defines on the same source file as mktime.

I see that in the Emacs 26.2 build, the function mktime in Gnulib's
mktime.c module was renamed to rpl_mktime, which is how the duplicate
definition problem was resolved.  The current Gnulib's mktime.c module
still allows that (search mktime.c for "rpl"), so all you need to do
is arrange for the relevant cpp macro to be defined.  This is supposed
to be done by sed2v2.inp, so I guess it is somehow not working now?