Re: Emacs pretest 28.0.90 is out

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Emacs pretest 28.0.90 is out
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2021 19:00:12 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com>
>> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>> Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2021 18:31:19 +0800
>>
>> > As for the rest, my recommendation is to implement futimens based on
>> > DJGPP's setftime.
>>
>> Thanks, but I'm confused with the DJGPP `struct ftime': do I have to
>> take leap years and the different lengths of each month into account
>> when setting the various members of a `struct ftime' from a time_t?
>
> No, you don't.  You just populate these fields from the time value.
>
>> Alternatively, is there some function I overlooked that populates
>> `struct ftime' from time_t?
>
> Not directly, but you could use localtime to obtain a 'struct tm',
> then populate 'struct ftime' from that, with the necessary
> adjustments.

After implementing the missing functions, the linker complained about
duplicate copies of mktime, one in libc.a, and the other in gnulib's
mktime module, but I can't disable the mktime module, because the timegm
module doesn't work without mktime_internal, which is only defined in
mktime.c.

There is a mechanism for only building `mktime_internal' by only
defining `NEED_MKTIME_INTERNAL', but I don't know how to use it inside
gnulib.mk.

Or is some file supposed to include both timegm.c and mktime.c, or
something to that effect?

Thanks.