Re: Emacs pretest 28.0.90 is out

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs pretest 28.0.90 is out
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2021 15:48:32 +0200

> From: Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2021 19:30:31 +0800
>
> >> The @GL_GENERATE_ALLOCA_H_* parts should have been replaced by
> >> sedlibmk.inp, correct?
> >
> > Yes.  The DOS build shouldn't need Gnulib's alloca.h.
>
> Thanks.  It seems that this part of sedlibmk.inp is supposed to get rid
> of those:
>
> s/= @GL_GENERATE_ALLOCA_H@/= 1/
> s/= @GL_GENERATE_BYTESWAP_H@/= 1/
> s/= @GL_GENERATE_EXECINFO_H@/= 1/
> s/= @GL_GENERATE_STDALIGN_H@/= 1/
> s/= @GL_GENERATE_STDDEF_H@/= 1/
> s/= @GL_GENERATE_STDINT_H@/= 1/
> s/= @GL_GENERATE_LIMITS_H@/= 1/
> s/= @GL_GENERATE_ERRNO_H@/= /
> s/= @GL_GENERATE_LIMITS_H@/= /

No, those are for lines like this:

  GL_GENERATE_ALLOCA_H = @GL_GENERATE_ALLOCA_H@

> But they are only effective for @GL_GENERATE_ALLOC_H@, which I take to
> have changed into @GL_GENERATE_ALLOCA_H_TRUE@ and
> @GL_GENERATE_ALLOCA_H_FALSE@ in gnulib?  Or am I missing something?

Yes, I think the problem is that you are building from the repository.
You should build a pretest tarball instead.  The support for building
from the repository was not tested in many years, and has probably
bit-rotten quite a lot.

The tarball shouldn't have the msdos/autogen/ directory.  It does have
it now, but that is a mistake.  So unpack the tarball and delete
msdos/autogen/ with all its contents, then try again.