Re: native-comp-async-report-warnings-errors default value

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: native-comp-async-report-warnings-errors default value
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2021 09:03:13 -0800

Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> writes:

>     Eli> No, not yet: too many problems that trigger those warnings need to be
>     Eli> fixed rather than swept under the carpet of silence.  But you can do
>     Eli> it in your customizations if you don't want to be bothered.
>
> As long as we do it just before we release emacs-28, I guess thatʼs
> OK.

Is it time to make this change on emacs-28 now?  Do we have any real
problems left to fix in Emacs itself?

If it is important to keep, how about a default like

    (= emacs-minor-version 0)

so that users at least don't have to see this in the released version?

Note that this gives spurious warnings for general init file stuff like
setting undefined variables:

    Warning (comp): init-general.el:45:7: Warning: assignment to free
variable ‘display-time-24hr-format’
    Warning (comp): init-general.el:46:7: Warning: assignment to free
variable ‘bookmark-save-flag’
    Warning (comp): init-general.el:48:7: Warning: assignment to free
variable ‘Man-width’

(I have tons of these here.)