Re: Entering emojis

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Entering emojis
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 16:53:16 +0200

> I gave it a try, and that does indeed fix the slight pause the first
> time I use `C-x 8 e e'.  I'm pushing the change to scratch/emoji for
> consideration.

And I should have tested that more in a fresh Emacs -- as you said, it's
just not clear under what circumstances we already have the font.  It
seems like even the emoji font is "spread out".

So I guess we'll just have to live with the delay...  or redo the
transient interface to not be all defined "up front".  Postponing the
checks until the glyphs are actually displayed would also get rid of the
pause.