Re: Entering emojis

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Entering emojis
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 22:49:16 +0200

Gregory Heytings <gregory@heytings.org> writes:

> I think the ideal interface to enter emojis would be to have:
>
> 1. a "recently used" list,
>
> 2. a search field in which you type something to describe the emoji
> you want, like "pig", which displays a list with the "pig", "pig nose"
> and "pig face" emojis,

But how do you discover which emojis exist?  It didn't occur to me that
💰 existed before I saw it, but now that I know it exists, I'll find a
way to work it into a conversation.  😪

I think exploration has to be a feature of the interface, as well as a
fast way to get to the ones you know you want.  So, sure, "recently
used" would be useful, but we need something more than textual search in
addition.