Re: Entering emojis

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Entering emojis
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 22:40:42 +0300

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 21:36:12 +0200
>
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > That's not true, an input method can show the possible candidates in
> > the echo area.  Try some CJK input method, and you will see that.
>
> Hm, yes...  I tried chinese-zozy, and that does work, but it feels like
> it requires some training to get used to.  Probably very efficient once
> you can the system, but for something that you don't use all the time?

Well, all you need is to type the ordinal number, how hard is that?
And it isn't like you are going to type too many Emoji in a row.

> Do you know an example input method that has a lot of variants?

How many would qualify as "a lot"?  Is 12 enough?

Alternatively, we could have a special command, insert-emoji, which
would just complete your input using the table of all the known Emoji
sequences.  Then you type "constr TAB TAB" and get the list you've
shown in the earlier message.