Re: Gitlab Migration

From: Daniel Martín
Subject: Re: Gitlab Migration
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 15:47:06 +0200

john muhl <email@johnmuhl.mx> writes:

> On Thu, 2021-08-26 at 17:24 +0000, Philip Kaludercic wrote:
>>
>> I remember Sourceforge being suggested as an alternative to Gitlab,
>
> I think you mean sourcehut <https://sourcehut.org/> (free software)
> not sourceforge <https://sourceforge.net/> (saas).
>
>> but the software is currently still in a beta stage (AFAIR).

IIRC, Sourcehut's workflow to send and review patches is still based on
sending mail; it differs from the branch + pull request model of
GitHub/GitLab.

I still see benefits in the way Sourcehut manages and tracks patches,
but I'm not sure it'll help attract new Emacs contributors if the
premise is that people are afraid to contribute because they're not
familiar with email and git patches.