Re: xterm [menu] key definition

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: xterm [menu] key definition
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 18:52:12 +0300

> From: Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>
> Cc: spacibba@aol.com,  juri@linkov.net,  emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 09:59:05 -0400
>
> > but it keeps silent about the main part: what and where is that "Menu"
> > key on a modern keyboard?
>
> A few problems here:
> - I'm not sure it's relevant to this change, actually.

The NEWS entry talks about a key that many users will have without
knowing where it is.  So IMO it's a Good Thing to tell that in
conjunction with this change, even if it's a note in parentheses.

> - I don't know where such a key might be.
>   I don't have one on any of my keywords, AFAICT.
>   My best guess from souvenirs of seeing other keyboards is that it'd be
>   the key that is labeled with something that looks like a drop
>   down menu?  Wouldn't that description be kind of tautological?

See this short article, I hope it provides enough info to understand
what is that key:

  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menu_key