Re: xterm [menu] key definition

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: xterm [menu] key definition
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 16:48:56 +0300

> Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 14:52:50 +0200
> From: Ergus <spacibba@aol.com>
> Cc: Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>, emacs-devel@gnu.org,
>       juri@linkov.net
>
> I saw your latest change in d54ffa25bd297f9bc5791 to bind the
> context-menu to [apps] on windows. I am wondering because AFAIK it is
> the same physical key right?
>
> Should we do an if-else maybe?

I considered that, but decided against it: I don't know if someone out
there does have a <menu> key on their keyboard, and if they do, I see
no reason not to open a menu when they hit that key.

Having a function bound to a key that doesn't exist never does any
harm, we have quite a few of those in Emacs.