Re: fido-vertical bindings

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: fido-vertical bindings
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 16:37:35 +0100

On Fri, Aug 20, 2021, 12:51 André A. Gomes <andremegafone@gmail.com> wrote:
João Távora <joaotavora@gmail.com> writes:

Interesting.  I'm just wondering, how does one decide what should be a
variable and a customize?

 I usually make variables and let others decide for me whether to "upgrade" them. Another criteria is try to imagine it's there's any scenario where a program might way to set that variable automatically. If there is, I'll make a normal variable (and then again let other custom.el lovers worry about the upgrading). Else I'll do the defcustom myself. If I'm creating a very similar variable in form and function to another one, I'll follow whichever style it has.

João