Re: oauth2 support for Emacs email clients

From: Roland Winkler
Subject: Re: oauth2 support for Emacs email clients
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2021 18:48:50 -0500

On Sun, Aug 08 2021, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> On Aug 08 2021, Roland Winkler wrote:
>
>> Also, I have not yet been able to figure out what happens when a new
>> emacs session is started.  oauth2.el uses plstore.  Does this work
>> across multiple emacs sessions, or is it then necessary to go again
>> through the (more tedious) multi-factor authentication?
>
> As long as the refresh token remains valid, oauth2.el can refresh the
> auth token automatically with the refresh token.  The refresh token is
> all you need to be able to access the IMAP account.

Thanks.  My reading of the code of oauth2.el is that oauth2-compute-id
derives the id for plstore from auth-url, token-url, and scope.  It
seems to me that this will get confused with, say, two different
Office365 accounts that have the same auth-url, token-url, and scope.
Should the code use also additional information such as the user name?
(I do not know much about plstore.el used by oauth2.el.)