Re: macOS metal rendering engine in mac port

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: macOS metal rendering engine in mac port
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 21:52:00 +0300

On 29.05.2021 21:15, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
This:

   https://www.britannica.com/science/time-perception/Perceived-duration

says 0.1 sec of visual experience is needed to perceive time duration.
And there are other similar sources.  It is also consistent with my
own experience, from the time when I measure performance of
bidirectional display and compared it with my subjective notion of
"delay": anything below 100ms was barely tangible, anything below 50ms
was perceived as "instantaneous".

I think repeating the same action multiple times can fine-tune one's perception. Either way, perhaps we can agree that the extra 10-20ms, even if hard to notice by themselves, can move the perception of some compound event from "instantaneous" to "tangible".

Here's that bug I was referring to anyway: https://github.com/company-mode/company-mode/issues/1073