Re: macOS metal rendering engine in mac port

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: macOS metal rendering engine in mac port
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 21:00:42 +0300

On 29.05.2021 20:43, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
So it's a difference of 10ms, and you are able to feel such a small
difference?  AFAIK, it's way below the threshold of human's ability to
perceive time intervals.  Anything below 100ms is intangible.

That's not quite true: 100ms might be the limit of human reaction to unanticipated events, but if you're doing something repeatedly, the delays become easier to notice.

I don't know about 10ms exactly, but 20-30ms - definitely. It will annoy some people more than others, but it creates subconscious impression either way. We have just recently fixes a related bug in Company (regarding increased visual latencies), with multiple reporters and benchmarks.