Re: Emacs is not reproducible

From: Mattias Engdegård
Subject: Re: Emacs is not reproducible
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 14:24:01 +0200

26 maj 2021 kl. 22.58 skrev Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>:

> Matthias, could you try and see where byte-opt.el should let-bind
> `byte-optimize--lexvars` to nil to avoid this problem?
> I guess we could add it to `byte-compile-top-level`, but it would be
> better if we could do it somewhere in `byte-opt.el`.

Oh dear, I can't really find any good place to bind the variable either, but
ended up doing it in `byte-compile-inline-expand` on the grounds that it's the
only place we re-enter the compiler from the optimiser.

It would probably be better if we had a single entry for `byte-optimize-form`
that wasn't used recursively; then it could be done there.

Anyway, feel free to improve. Writing the test was what took most of the time
anyway!