Re: Emacs is not reproducible

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Emacs is not reproducible
Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 19:52:08 -0400

Stefan Monnier wrote:

>> There has been changes made in the past to fix some problems.
>> I have a pending patch in bug#46502 (see below) which aims to fix some
>> more of those problems, but still haven't heard confirmation that it
>> helps.

I did 10 builds with -j8; 5 without your patch and 5 with.
The builds without your patch had changes in 12, 10, 9, 11 elc files.
The builds with your patch had changes in 4, 4, 7, 4 elc files.

Mostly tramp.elc, ox-odt.elc, ox.elc, cc-mode.elc; sometimes in
eieio files. At least some of these seem to be https://debbugs.gnu.org/34322

So it seems better in terms of less elc variation.
It causes all tests in test/lisp/cedet/semantic-utest-ia.el to fail.

> What am I missing?

You forgot to make a grammar mistake, or propose changing the default
value of a user option. That's how you get comments on Emacs patches.