Re: src/nsterm.m: fix window tabbing on macOS

From: Andrii Kolomoiets
Subject: Re: src/nsterm.m: fix window tabbing on macOS
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 14:06:11 +0300

Alan Third <alan@idiocy.org> writes:

> Anyway, I'm discussing with Andrii in another bug thread about
> removing the pause that's built into fullscreen transitions so we may
> want to wait for that to be sorted before we look further into crashes
> that happen in the same place.

I'm a little short on time at the moment.  I won't mind if someone beats
me on it :)

I didn't follow this thread closely, apologize if these questions was
discussed already, but here my two cents.

1. System Preferences > Dock > Prefer tabs... [Always]
2. emacs -Q
3. s-n
4. s-w

Repeat steps 3 and 4 few times, note how the frame height is increased.

1. System Preferences > Dock > Prefer tabs... [Always]
2. emacs -Q --execute "(push '(ns-transparent-titlebar . t)
default-frame-alist)"
3. s-n

The new frame is created instead of new tab.

Maybe these use cases can be solved in separate patches.

Anyway, I really like that native macOS tabs support is coming to
Emacs.  Thanks!

--
Andrii