Re: macOS metal rendering engine in mac port

From: Alan Third
Subject: Re: macOS metal rendering engine in mac port
Date: Tue, 25 May 2021 14:34:37 +0100

On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 04:18:06PM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Tue, 25 May 2021 14:07:07 +0100
> > From: Alan Third <alan@idiocy.org>
> > Cc: aaronjensen@gmail.com, emacs-devel@gnu.org
> >
> > > And what's the effect of display-line-numbers-mode?
> >
> > without:
> >
> > 4.3 4.3 4.5
> >
> > with:
> >
> > 5.2 5.4 5.4
>
> That's about 25%, which AFAIU is much smaller effect than what Aaron
> sees?

I've not been following this bit of the thread in detail, but I
thought it was in line with what he sees when he uses -Q, and that's
what I'm using. I imagine I'm misunderstanding.

FWIW, on the Mac I see a slightly smaller performance penalty with
display-line-numbers-mode, around 18%.
--
Alan Third