Re: emacsclient in elisp

From: Daniel Mendler
Subject: Re: emacsclient in elisp
Date: Thu, 20 May 2021 21:10:37 +0200

On 5/20/21 8:59 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> You didn't answer part of my question:
>
>> And what would be on the other end of such asynchronous input,
>> producing the stuff Emacs is supposed to read?
>
> Without that, I don't think I understand the use case you want to
> support in sufficient detail.

Of course, there is another Emacs on the other side of the pipe. It is
Emacs all the way down ;)

Seriously though, it does not matter what sits on the other end. What
matters is that the Emacs reading from stdin can still run the process
filters of asynchronous child processes. My current use case is this:

affe.el - Asynchronous Fuzzy Finder for Emacs
https://github.com/minad/affe

But I imagine there are many more interesting use cases for Emacs
processes communicating asynchronously.

Daniel