Re: native-comp *Warnings* buffer

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: native-comp *Warnings* buffer
Date: Mon, 17 May 2021 09:16:28 +0300

> From: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>
> Date: Sun, 16 May 2021 23:23:34 -0400
> Cc: monnier@iro.umontreal.ca, emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> If you were going to have a compilation of foo.el based on some
> explicit request, and therefore see its warnings then,
> anything that compiles it by anticipation
> and does not show you its warnings
> could cause that explicit request NOT to compile it
> (because it was compiled recently), and therefore you
> would never see its warnings.

I don't think I understand the scenario you described.  Could you
perhaps describe it in simpler terms, like

  . user does A
  . Emacs does X and shows Y
  . user does B
  . emacs shows Z

etc.?

I'm asking because I'd like to figure out what we currently do in this
situation, and how this discussion could affect that.

Thanks.