Re: GUI X-FreeDesktop integration

From: Matthias Meulien
Subject: Re: GUI X-FreeDesktop integration
Date: Sun, 16 May 2021 22:07:23 +0200

Robin Tarsiger <rtt@dasyatidae.com> writes:

> There's a separate question of whether autolaunch (-a "") should be
> enabled (...). On balance, I'd tend to think of it as less surprising
> from a desktop perspective for it to be enabled.

Yes, your proposal makes a lot of sense. As a desktop user (Gnome under
Debian or Ubuntu) I found the three icons Emacs, Emacs (Client), Emacs
(Terminal) annoying and I often found myself starting the wrong
executable or I have to slow my workflow to pay attention to the
launcher I am about to start (since all three have the same icon -note
that having different icons would help but doesn't go in the right
direction from my pov).

Matthias