Re: [External] : Re: Indicate better the current use of the echo area /

From: John Yates
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: Indicate better the current use of the echo area / minibuffer [was: Controlling Isearch from minibuffer]
Date: Fri, 14 May 2021 17:02:41 -0400

Drew,

This is just an idea.  I am prototyping it but do not
have a fully working implementation yet.

I use a separate minibuffer frame.  The idea is to
have a one pixel frame inner border.  The border
changes from matching the background to some
contrasting color when the minibuffer is active.

I am not sure what the analog to the inner border
should be for the non-separate minibuffer frame
scenario.

/john