Re: Proposing changes to adjust_frame_size

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Proposing changes to adjust_frame_size
Date: Thu, 6 May 2021 09:44:42 +0200

>> And after fixing my latest thinko in Fframe_parameters as in commit
>> e9baa733b8cac00e008cb834abc8712c8c00beed
>
> Is it possible that this broke some things?

Do you mean this specific commit or one of my preceding ones?  That
latest one should affect you only if you have some special code in your
init file that uses `frame-parameter', `frame-height' or `frame-width'.

> When I do "emacs -Q" I get
> a frame with menubar but no toolbar.

Which build, GTK3?

> Only when I resize the frame the
> toolbar appears.  When I turn both of them off using `M-x tool-bar-mode'
> and `M-x menu-bar-mode', they also won't vanish before I resize the
> frame.

We can trace these behaviors but please answer the two questions above
first.

> I have to say that I use sway, a tiling window manager, so it might be
> that this behavior is not observable with a "normal" WM where windows
> may define their own size.

By design, my commits should not have changed anything for you.

martin