Re: master c622627: * Clean-up temporary eln test-suite directory when e

From: chad
Subject: Re: master c622627: * Clean-up temporary eln test-suite directory when exiting (bug#48060)
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 13:47:18 -0700

On Thu, Apr 29, 2021 at 8:28 AM Michael Albinus <michael.albinus@gmx.de> wrote:
Something like this. But instead of using --eval, we could honor an
environment variable $EMACSELNLOADPATH, like we do already with
$EMACSLOADPATH? Or we could add an invocation option --elndirectory=dir,
like we do already with --directory=dir?

At the risk of opening a can of worms... Would it make sense to have emacs look for an  eln directory underneath dirs given to $EMACSLOADPATH/--directory?

Put another way, would it make sense to have the eln load path conceptually tied to the non-eln load path? From my naive vantage, I would usually want that, and I have a hard time thinking of non-convoluted situations where I would want them to be separate, EXCEPT for the platform-(in)dependent file system issue, which doesn't seem like a concern for the test suite.

Apologies if this re-covers past ground; I've tried to keep up, but have probably missed/forgotten some details.

~Chad