RE: [External] : Re: Proposal for an improved `help-for-help'

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: Proposal for an improved `help-for-help'
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2021 16:22:41 +0000

> Seems like a regression in Emacs 24.1: in Emacs 23.4 <Delete>
> scrolls backward, like DEL.

FWIW, I don't see that on MS Windows with `emacs -Q'.
I don't see it with Emacs 20 through 23 (or later).

If you're talking about modes like Info or Help then
when I hit the key labeled "Delete", which Emacs tells
me is the key <delete> I get an error saying that the
buffer is read-only.

And if I use `C-h k' with that key Emacs tells me:
"C-d (translated from <delete>) runs the command delete-char".
(Emacs 20 doesn't include the parenthetical phrase.)

Likely I've misunderstood what you're saying.