Re: icomplete-vertical above prompt

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: icomplete-vertical above prompt
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2021 01:41:51 +0200

On Mon, Apr 12, 2021 at 02:34:10AM +0300, Juri Linkov wrote:
When typing 'TAB TAB' or 'M-v' to open the *Completions* buffer, it
doesn't cause the feeling that the mode-line jumps because it looks like
the mode-line stays at the same screen position, only its contents
changes from the mode-line of the original buffer to the mode-line of the
*Completions* buffer.

Okay, that's easy to do with my patch: remove the setq-local
mode-line-format nil, and you'll see a modeline between the minibuffer and
the completion list.  I'll add another defcustom for this.

Maybe also it would be possible to add an option to display icomplete
completions in the standard *Completions* buffer with its keybindings?

This sounds very similar to helm ;)