Re: [External] : Re: Simple isearch concerns

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: Simple isearch concerns
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2021 20:12:49 +0000

The logic should be quite simple: isearch-allow-scroll could have a new option similar to 'unlimited'. Let's name it 'sync'. It should allow typing a motion key, then afterwards it will call isearch-repeat to find the next match after moving to new location.

I don't think this would be TRT, because my guess is that most users will want to continue to exit isearch with C-f / C-b / C-n / C-p / C-a / C-e. Exiting isearch with M-<, M->, C-v and M-v makes much less sense, so rebinding these keys with a single user option makes sense (as I do in my patch). IMO it is better to create such an option, and to let the users who would like to rebind more keys do so in their init file.