Re: [GNU ELPA] New package proposal: aggressive-completion.el

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [GNU ELPA] New package proposal: aggressive-completion.el
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2021 12:05:07 +0200

Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:

Hi Jean,

> What I would find very useful is to avoid writing * as wildcard symbol
> to find possible completions.

I think that depends on `completion-styles'.  If you add the `substring'
style, you don't need that, I think.

> Do you think that space can be made to be ignored, if not by default,
> then at least as user option?
> [...]
> Additionally, it would be great if terms searched could be found in
> reverse order without loading external packages.

This package is not at all concerned with how the input is used to
determine the possible completions.  That's the job of the
`completion-styles'.  What you describe sounds like a request for a
style similar to `partial-completion' or `substring' where the indiviual
words can occur in any order.

Bye,
Tassilo