Re: ~Make emacs friendlier: package documentation [POC CODE INCLUDED]

From: Boruch Baum
Subject: Re: ~Make emacs friendlier: package documentation [POC CODE INCLUDED]
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2020 11:58:44 -0400

I just did some extra due-diligence, and need to correct something I
said in my prior email...

On 2020-10-18 10:43, Boruch Baum wrote:
> On 2020-10-18 09:11, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > > 1) I share the sentiment about consolidating the help/describe commands,
> > >    and have no objection to the feature being accessed via a link in
> > >    describe-package (ie. no direct dedicated keybinding).
> >
> > IIUC your pack-doc provides a superset of what `C-h P` provides.
>
> No, the only intersection is the 'commentary' text taken from the elisp
> file.

That statement of mine turns out to be false. For example,
describe-package for yasnippet does not supply any commentary or package
description text at all, while my code submission is chock-full of
useful information.

--
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1  7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0