Re: Making TTY menus more visual

From: Jared Finder
Subject: Re: Making TTY menus more visual
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2020 22:17:41 -0700

Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2020 23:39:07 -0700
From: Jared Finder <jared@finder.org>
Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org

I realize this isn't an exhaustive list of all possible code, but I
suspect it is a very representative list.

Let me know your thoughts. As I said, I think you have more expertise
here so I will defer to your call.

Based on the analysis above, I think the price for staying compatible
is very small, while the advantage of that is significant, as that is
what our users expect from us.

Thanks for the detailed reasoning. I have updated my patches to only conditionally call mouse-position-function, as requested. I've also added one additional patch that rebinds [menu-bar mouse-1] to get TTY menus by default.

  -- MJF