Re: Sv: Sticky tooltips

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Sv: Sticky tooltips
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2020 13:52:23 +0300

> From: Arthur Miller <arthur.miller@live.com>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2020 12:18:50 +0200
>
> >> Where do I find the mouse motion callback for tooltips?
> >
> > I don't understand the question, sorry.  What is this callback you are
> > looking for? what is it supposed to do?
>
> Tooltip frame is hidden as soon as mouse moves.

Not as soon as mouse moves, as soon as mouse moves off the display
element that is described by the tooltip.  At least that's what
happens with native tooltips (maybe GTK tips behave differently).

This is not done by a callback, this is done by tooltip-show-help when
it is called with a null string or a string different from the one
displayed last.