Sv: Sv: Sticky tooltips

From: arthur miller
Subject: Sv: Sv: Sticky tooltips
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2020 10:47:59 +0000

> ??? The name of the buffer is fixed: " *tip*" (with the leading
> space).
πŸ™‚ I was just not remembering what I saw in C file when I was
typing. But thanks for the tips. I do need to learn more about
how lispy C interacts with lisp; I think I have got some understanding,
but I definitely need to play more. The best hobby πŸ™‚.

> We'd need to modify the code to stash the tooltip text in some buffer
> or variable.

Yes, the x-show-tip will need to be modified; my thought was to just
send in the string when Gtk tooltips are enabled, that is why I mean
string-or-buffer as argument. I am back at home on Sunday, so I'll play
with it.

FrΓ₯n: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
Skickat: den 1 oktober 2020 14:58
Till: arthur miller <arthur.miller@live.com>
Kopia: emacs-devel@gnu.org <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
Γ„mne: Re: Sv: Sticky tooltips

> From: arthur miller <arthur.miller@live.com>
> CC: "emacs-devel@gnu.org" <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
> Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2020 02:28:25 +0000
>
> I am not sure how to get buffer out of x-show-tip,

??? The name of the buffer is fixed: " *tip*" (with the leading
space).  You can even switch to it interactively, and see the text
there (it would be the text of the last tootlip displayed), provided
that your build is not GTK, or if it is GTK, you've turned off GTK
tooltips and switched to the native ones.