Re: How to make Emacs popular again.

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: How to make Emacs popular again.
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2020 19:07:40 +0300

* James Lu <jamtlu@gmail.com> [2020-10-01 18:14]:
> Has anyone checked if Wiktionary's quality is good?
>
> In my experience, Oxford dictionary are better than Meriam-Webster's
> dictionary.

Maybe linguists could answer.

What would be important is to have Wiktionary in the RFC 2229 format,
just as mentioned on that site, but I could not find the database
file.

We have plethora of free dictionaries, and Wiktionary and others
outside of the scope of that format. Important is that we have it
free, it cannot be perfect, we can work on it through time.