minibuffer keybinding cheatsheet and launcher

From: Boruch Baum
Subject: minibuffer keybinding cheatsheet and launcher
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2020 08:23:22 -0400

Two days ago, I posted to the emacs bug list (#43709) a proposed code
contribution that hasn't gotten much feedback, so here's a summary and link:

   bug#43709: minibuffer keybinding cheatsheet and launcher

   If you've ever used packages such as `ivy' or `magit', you've
   probably benefited from each's custom combination keybinding
   cheatsheet and launcher: `hydra' in the case of `ivy', and
   `transient' for `magit'. The current package `key-assist'
   attempts to offer a generic and very simple alternative requiring
   only the `completing-read' function commonly used in core vanilla
   emacs. `key-assist' is trivial to implement "on-the-fly"
   interactively for any buffer, and programmatically much simpler
   to customize that either `hydra' or `transient'. And did I
   mention that it only requires `completing-read'?

--
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1  7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0