Re: Line wrap reconsidered

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Line wrap reconsidered
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 23:46:12 +0800

> I tried to explain why this is impossible: either those lines will be
> truncated or they will be wrapped (at some character).  There's no
> other possibility.

I understand that it is impossible on master. However, without knowing
much about the Emacs internals, I wanted to mention possible useful
feature to be considered in the proposed patch. Since we discuss
changing display code here, I thought that it would be great if the
change also introduced selective wrapping/truncation. Now, reading your
comment, I assume that selective wrapping/truncation is very hard to
implement.

Best,
Ihor

--