Re: GNU ELPA package discoverability

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: GNU ELPA package discoverability
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 00:15:02 -0400

  > So basically what's missing is the write access issue.  That should be
  > a single sentence: we don't have ELPA write access, only access to the
  > entire Emacs repository, so they need to request membership in the
  > Emacs project.

That's how it is now, but we could change it.  For instance, we could
make a Savannah project for each package in GNU ELPA, give access to
the Emacs maintainers plus the developers of the package, and make
releases of GNU ELPA by collecting all those packages.

Would that be better?

--
Dr Richard Stallman