Re: dash.el [was: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs]

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: dash.el [was: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs]
Date: Wed, 20 May 2020 02:37:53 +0100

On Wed, May 20, 2020, 02:17 Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> wrote:
On 20.05.2020 03:59, João Távora wrote:

Again, note that none of this is predicated, or really affected, by
company simply being in the core.

Right. That part is optional, as I wrote.

You might have more luck after following certain requests by the said owner.

Wot run errands? Buy milk? Sell my programming soul?

 not even talking about people rejecting such changes. Only about
that someone would need to make them, and to maintain them thereafter.

Code doesn't really rot, especially when maintained in the same repository, built together and tested together. And these things would be using a stable API presumably. As would your non-major-mode plugin alternatives. So this point of maintenance is misplaced.

Anyway, major modes in emacs are about loading one file, or  requiring one feature and having everything set up, even if not enabled immediately. In my opinion.

Just a friendly warning, from a fellow revolutionary to another.

This comrade thanks you.

> With a meme-laden Medium account, and lots of fanboys, come on! That has
> to count!

Then he speaks for all of us, naturally.

She, actually ;-)

I don't recall: if Flyspell extensible? Like Flymake, for instance. If
it is, this seems to call for an eglot-flyspell plugin.

I don't think it is. And extensibility is not a binary thing, depends on the API. Oftentimes rewriting is better. Flymake was extensible, before the rewrite.

João