Re: dash.el [was: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs]

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: dash.el [was: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs]
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 17:54:10 +0300

On 19.05.2020 17:35, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
In general, I'm intent on describing a pattern here: there's a very
good reason for functionality that can be seen as infrastructure
to be in the core.
Definite 100% agreement.  And I think this is a general tendency we
should agree on regardless of the specific issues raised in this
particular discussion.

We clearly have different ideas on what infrastructure is.

xref and project are infrastructure. completion-at-point-functions and flymake, and eldoc are infrastructure.

Infrastructure is extensible.

Eglot is some infrastructure and some implementation. And I'm still not sure what part of its "infrastructure" is generic enough to be used by other packages. Aside from jsonrpc, of course.