Re: Drop the Copyright Assignment requirement for Emacs

From: Philippe Vaucher
Subject: Re: Drop the Copyright Assignment requirement for Emacs
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 07:56:31 +0200

I just had to sign something online and I wonder if Emacs copyright
assignments could not use the same mechanism.

It was done with Adobe Sign, basically it displayed a PDF to me in my
browser and I could sign by writing on my keyboard (displayed using a
"hand-written" font), draw with my mouse, or import an image of my
signature (or even use my mobile device).

I don't think we need that much options (just type on keyboard), but
surely something similar is doable using only GNU tools no? If you can
reduce the "print - sign - scan - email" cycle to "browse online and
click" I suspect a lot more people would agree to bother with the
copyright assignments.

Kind regards,
Philippe